Monday, May 01, 2006

The houseguest from hell

What kind of houseguest is sick for a full week but climbs into a plane to deliver his presence anyway? What kind of houseguest lets you clean, cook, and nurse his sorry ass, all the while extending those germs to you?

The kind of houseguest that WILL NOT be invited back.

Here I sit, white spots covering my throat, a fever only recently broken, and Sister #1's birthday dinner tonight.

Sorry, kiddo. But I hope your birthday is truly wonderful, even without my company this evening. I hope you rock 24 liked you rocked 23. Love you!

4 comments:

Shel said...

Is it ass-strep?

Kat said...

No ass-strep. =-) At least, according to the initial strep test. It seems to be a viral infection.

The nurse practioner did feel so sorry for me that she wrote a prescription for Amoxicillin, even though it may not help at all.

pilgrimchick said...

Whoa--what a pain in the ass.

That reminds me of the first "experience" with my last boyfriend that alerted me to the "flaws" in the relationship. He came over, not feeling great, and then ended up sweating the whole night out in my bed with a fever. In the early morning hours, it was obvious that he was close to delirious, so I went, at about 6am, to the drug store to get him some fever reducers, and I was relegated to resting on my couch--a discarded two-seater that was nothing close to comfortable--all day. Instead of going home that day, after improving (he lived about forty-five minutes away at the most), he stayed another night. First, I had to change the sweat-soaked sheets so he could germ-up my only other set, then I had to feed him something from what little I had. I set myself up on the floor in another room, and when I went to take one--only one out of about four--blanket for myself, he asked me whether it would be good for him to be without it given he was ill (!!!).

The next morning, he was well enough to leave, and he was at least aware that I was not pleased with him, so he left early in the morning, bidding me goodbye. I told him I didn't want to hear from him for a little while.

I should have made that a permanent arrangement...

Kat said...

Wow! Okay, you definitely win. That truly IS the houseguest from hell. I'm so sorry!