Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's been awhile...

...I know. Life has been so crazy over the past few weeks that it's taken what little energy I have left to stay atop of things. First I was hospitalized overnight for fear of appendicitis (no worries--pain and white blood cell levels dissipated the next day), and then construction work began on the kitchen as The Banker's nesting instincts kicked into full gear. I don't know how many of you have experienced a serious bit of construction in a house you were abiding in--but for those of you not in-the-know, let me tell you, it sucks. Nothing but headaches, constant messes, setbacks, and new expenses cropped up as the project stretched into a full two weeks. Just yesterday we kicked the final worker out, still leaving us with considerable cleaning and touch-up work.

But the kitchen looks much better (as does the bathroom off the kitchen and the new carpeting in the office). Over the next few days we're going to attempt to put everything back in order. Then the serious waiting begins. Five weeks and counting. Baby is in the exit position but has yet to drop. At least the construction kept our focus off the timeline! After we've completed the clean-up, nothing will keep me from agonizing over the “when.” I'm huge, bloated, and about ready to get this thing started. I can't believe I'm saying I'm ready for that kind of craziness. But I guess I am. I think. I hope.

No comments: