Thursday, April 19, 2007

Work + Baby = ?

I'm taking Peanut into work today to show her off to all the lovely ladies I work with in cubicle land. Today is fitting for several reasons: it's Becca's sixth week out and about and it's also the final day of my paid maternity leave.

While visiting The Really Big Company, I hope to catch up with my new boss and steal a minute of his time, or at least set up a time to come in next week and speak with him. I'm going to dare to inquire about any part-time opportunities...yet again. If there are no openings, I'll give my two week's notice. Or at least I think I will. Maybe.

What am I doing?!? People work for years to get into The Really Big Company and I've found success there. On the other hand, I don't think I could leave our Peanut to be raised by strangers all week long. And I know The Banker would prefer for me to remain home, though he's in no way pressuring me one way or the other. Would I go out of my mind, or could I find enough freelance to keep me engaged should I stay home?

This is one of those major life decisions, and I wish I had an easy answer.

No comments: