Saturday, April 05, 2008

Overload

Let's see, in the past two days, this is what happened:
Made a bid on house
Counter offer
Counter-counter offer
Cat escapes
Cat returns
Counter-counter offer accepted. Holy shit--just bought a house. Will now own TWO houses.
Must sell current home. ASAP!
Cat falls off roof
Cat catches self on gutter, scrambles back inside
Cat cut off from any open crevice
Prepping home for open house
Clean, clean, put away, hide
Pack for Santa Fe

So, the last few days have been a WHIRLWIND. I think I'm allowed to use all caps given the circumstances. I'd like to go on and on about how stressful this has been, how The Banker can't sleep due to it all, how I'm in denial mode, how we need to sell this house SOON or we'll be responsible for two mortgages and I'll have to sell my dispensable internal organs on the black market, and how all the smug neighborhood kids I grew up with are probably having a pretty god laugh at my expense about all this. But there's simply no time. I have to get the house ready for an open house tomorrow and Becca and I packed to fly to Santa Fe at 8 a.m. The laid-back atmosphere of Santa Fe sounds pretty good right now...so more later. But until then, this is (apparently) where I'll call home, come July 1st:

3 comments:

theCallowQueen said...

Wow! And congrats!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Good Luck selling your current home. I don't know if you remember me, but I found your blog when I was preggo...you had just had your little munchkin. You gave me advice about cabbage...lol
She has grown so much! Wow. I'll have to figure out how to show you a pic of my son Owen.
Congrats again!
melissa

Kat said...

The Callow Queen--thanks for the congrats! Maybe I'll have to have the group over to help me organize the bookshelves? ;-)

Melissa--thank you, too, for your very kind words--and congratulations to you!! Believe it or not, I've wondered how you were doing with your little one and am thrilled to hear all went so well. I'd love to see a pic of little Owen!