Monday, August 28, 2006

Two Days and Counting...

That's right, just two more full work days and then vacation begins! I feel like a kid at Christmastime. It can't come soon enough, and I know it will be over all-too-quickly. Few things make me out-and-out giddy, but travel is at the top of the list. (Followed by trips to zoos, amusement parks, a good adventure, furry creatures, nature walks, great wine and food, and a damn good book. Childish, huh?)

We managed to get tickets to see a Comedy of Errors at the Globe and Avenue Q while we're there. A day trip to Edinburgh and Stone Henge are also planned. Cross your fingers that all goes well--no travel headaches, stressful world events, or health issues.

I'm packing my crystalized ginger (thanks, MM!) and pray that a clear head, boundless energy, and a calm stomach accompany me on the journey. Here we go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send me a postcard! I'm so jealous!

pilgrimchick said...

Nice--have a great time. I just saw Stonehenge, and I can wish you much better weather than I had when I went there. Unfortunately, there is no direct way there, unless you have your own car, you'll have to take a bus. I was amazed at being the only one on the bus that spoke English fluently.