Monday, September 10, 2007

Simply Wow

Becca turned six months over the weekend, and I'm left wondering where the time has gone. You know the saying that time flies? Well, that goes double--no triple time--when kids are involved. Everyone says it, but wow, are they right.

She sitting up by herself. She has four teeth coming in simultaneously all in a row. She grabs everything and anything, and it all goes straight into the mouth. She yabbers constantly. The Banker and I swear we've heard "Mom" and "Hi."

I'm working on a short list of some of my favorite characteristics Becca has shown these past few months, just so I don't forget. Like the way she feels the breeze and throws her arms out, opens her hands, and sighs so contently into the wind. Or the way she takes everything in, stretching her neck, jutting out her chin and arching her eyebrows as she tracks something across the room. Or how she kisses--or at least I think it's kissing--open mouthed, with lots of slobber. Then again, maybe she's practicing to be a vampire for Halloween.

Tomorrow's her six-month check-up, so we'll get her latest stats. Little Bits, I'm just so constantly in awe of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you writing about her birth. At that time I was "just pregnant". Now I am 35 weeks. You aren't kidding that time flies. Cherish these moments! She sounds like a lovely baby! I can just see her feeling the breeze! How carefree!

Kat said...

Melissa--35 weeks! You're almost there! Congratulations and please keep me posted when your little blessing arrives. =-)

Unknown said...

It is an event... your post made me cry.

Other people are in awe, too, of what a fantastic Mommy you are! Evil, but fantastic!