Sunday, September 23, 2007

So much to do...

I have so much I could be writing about. Like how Becca now leans out of other people's grasp and stretches her arms out to me, as if to say, "No, thank you kindly, but it's this lady I want," and how incredibly awesome that feels.

Or how I'm having a hard time coming to terms with my "new" after-baby body, and regardless of the miles jogged and salads consumed, my body is now different. As in rounder and less firm, (or in the case of my chest, shrinking and languishing), with an extra 10 pounds my frame refuses to give up, all of which makes me feel really crappy about myself.

Or how we're down to the wire on this Peru trip and there's so much to be done--lists made, shopping accomplished, bags packed, people prepped, guilt checked, body made fit.

But there's really no time to write about any of this, so I'll just update with some pictures of the Little Miss. Because all things aside, this ride is happening so dang fast. She's grown so much and is clearly her own little person now, full of likes, dislikes, and a stubborn streak the size of Texas. Love you, baby girl!



2 comments:

Mike Z said...

What I know about this I only know from what I have observed in the life of my beautiful wife who, after bearing five children in six years (begun at the relatively late age of 38) now has a little tiny soft tummy. My wife is incredibly fit and active. At 48 she is still dancing ballet at an advanced level and exercising at least 5 times a week (treadmill, aerobics and light weight training). She is a wonderful dancer. And the tiny little bit of extra around her tummy really gets to her.
So, I will tell you what I tell her - that little extra, that's a trophy. That is living proof that brilliant and beautiful life was created, nurtured and brought forth into the world because of her (your)labor, anguish, love and devotion. It is a trophy. It is not to be hidden - it is to be celebrated. This is real life we are talking about. This isn't TV, Cosmo or Barbie - this is part of what happens when love bears fruit. You've done it. You've been through quite an ordeal and it has left its mark. Some of the effects of child bearing will diminish over (what seems to be a really long) time but, it is true that you are different... and the world is immeasurably better for it. Congratulations (and thank you). Well done. I have never seen you - but I am absolutely sure that you are more beautiful now than you were before. The physical changes are proof!

Kat said...

Mike--thank you for your truly beautiful words. They did much to lift my spirits! Your wife is truly blessed to have such a kind-hearted man in her life.