Thursday, March 09, 2006

There's a small animal lodged in my sinuses

Or that's the way it feels. I've succumbed to one helluva head cold, complete with sneezing attacks, waves of snot and mucus, a sore throat, and sinus pressure that feels like it could make my nose burst. Ugh.

The Banker has left for the evening to attend a family St. Patrick's Day party, so there's no one here. No one to baby me. No one to make soup for me and curl up on the couch with me so I feel less crappy. When I was a child and feeling miserable, my Mom always went out of her way to help ease the ache.

I may be pushing 30, but I still wish my Mom would come over and make everything okay. I wonder, does that ever change?

My Dad's Mom, my Grammy, is ill with the flu while also fighting cancer. Things are looking a little grim right now, and I can't fathom how it must feel for my Dad. The woman that made it her life to make everything okay can't stop time, can't change what's happening to her body. She can't make everything okay and neither can he. And that's a terrible feeling.

No comments: