Tuesday, March 07, 2006

We interrupt this blog...

...to beg for mercy. I have four freelance stories due before the month's up, so I haven't had much time in the evenings to think up random crap about which to write. I know, I know. I suck.

So welcome to random thoughts...

We're under a severe thunderstorm watch. I LOVE thunderstorms. In fact, I've always adored inclement weather. Growing up in the Midwest, most people have a healthy fear of tornadoes. Not me! Being a storm chaser sounds exciting. And white-outs? That means I get to curl up with a good book and ignore the world for awhile.

Granted, I've been blessed. I've never encountered the type of weather that robs you of your home, your way of life. And so I have this naive excitement that courses through me when I see those little words in the upper right hand of the TV screen.

To me, there's nothing better than listening as the storms roll in, the cracking of the thunder, the illuminating spiderweb of lightening. One of my favorite memories is hearing the rain pelt off the tin roof while trying to fall asleep under the Australian sky.

Okay....off to cobble together a freelance story. Yuck.

No comments: