Monday, January 16, 2006

A reminder of my age

Today I was reminded that I'm no longer as young as I once was. The weather had plummeted a good 20 degrees overnight and a bitter wind sprang up that turned bare skin a harsh red. And in accordance with this unsettling change, the horses were on edge. And so during my riding lesson this afternoon, my typically steady mount gave me a bit of a tumble. While I was able to get back in the saddle and play it off, I'm now definitely not feeling lighthearted about the fall. In fact, I'm achy. A very deep-seated, throbbing that has traveled from my lower back through my shoulders and into my neck and skull. So I'm heading off to bed at this early hour, much like an eight-year-old would. Feeling very, very much older.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUCHY!