Sunday, January 08, 2006

And I've got nothin'

Really. Not a single, solitary anything worth writing about. And it's been over a week since I've last posted. Usually something worthwhile/annoying/amusing/ironic/compelling happens to me in such a stretch of time. But not this week.

Well, I guess that's not entirely true. New Years was great fun. Sister #1 threatened to light a man on fire as he kept grabbing her when her husband slipped away to the restroom or the bar. So that was amusing. And other stuff happened this week. I got the world's worst freelance assignment (Hemorrhoids?!? Hemorrhoids?!? You want me to right about THAT?!?!). But as I have no other sources of freelance in this dismal place, I took it. And I got together with some friends but even that was not so terribly fun.

Everything seems to be happening through a haze, the colors muted, the emotions feeling a bit flat. Maybe it's because I'm nursing on ongoing case of exhaustion and an unrelenting sore throat. Or it could be that I'm getting lazy, easily bored, and am slipping into a bit of a funk.

Yep, I believe I may be firmly encased in a funk. It's the sloshy, shoe-sucking sort of muck that just makes me want to curl up in bed until I can find more energy or something to get jazzed about. In fact, I think my bed is calling...

No comments: