Monday, January 30, 2006

Through Kat's not-so-clear eyes

I'm getting older, and parts of me aren't working as well as they once did. Yes--even the "bionic" parts. I had LASIK surgery at the age of 18. (In my family you're given small diamond earrings at 16 and eye surgery two years later. Odd, but true. I was the youngest to receive the surgery in the tri-state area, before the surgery was even FDA approved.) But now, almost 10 years later I've found myself squinting at street signs and TV screens. Sigh.

Dad had RK surgery ages ago and has needed several touch-ups throughout the years, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I would also require follow-up surgery. My right eye will undergo a different type of surgery tomorrow, though--a "relaxation" via scalpel. The left eye will have LASIK surgery at the end of February.

So I've the next two days off, but I don't think I'll be having a whole lota fun. I'll be hiding out at home with a patch over my eye. Aargh. Me feels the need for some Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and rum...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rrrrr matey. At least you get Valuim for the next round. After my first round of surgery, I told the Doctor he did a great job.