Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Freakin' Hard Friday

Friday was my last day at the magazine. My last deadline, my last lunch with a group of fun people from the office. And it was damn hard, the hardest I've ever had it saying goodbye to a gig. I was showered with goodies, warm wishes, and early Christmas gifts. I'd only been at the trade publication for a year, but everyone blubbered and got teary eyed. I feel like a bastard.

Then, after that long and exhausting day, I had to act cheery for The Banker's work party. The bank served appetizers and dinner and brought in a magician and a karaoke machine. The food was awful, the singing possibly worse. You know it's a sad holiday party when the highlight is a flippin' magician. The Banker and I agreed, this truly was the worst work holiday party *ever* and that's saying a lot considering the crap festivities we've had to attend.

So tomorrow begins afresh with my orientation. I'm crossing my fingers...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at your new job. I hope it works out well for for you...and that you also have a Merry Christmas!

Kat said...

Thanks, Ashley! Warm wishes are *always* appreciated!

Best,
Kat

theCallowQueen said...

Kat, it's Tuesday; when you gonna tell us 'bout your new job?