Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My brother-in-law's secret talent

My brother-in-law's an awesome guy. First off, he's a total prince to my sister, who'll be the first to admit that she's a handful. Secondly, he keeps their house neat and tidy, puts up with my sister's spoiled dog and weirdo cat, and works his butt off at a fulltime job---all while getting his Master's degree in Criminology. Impressive, no?

Well now we can add another talent to that list: ghost whisperer.

My brother-in-law works downtown in a 100-year-old home that's been converted into a neat office. And this historic home has quite the history, including Jack, who passed away in that house many years ago but still likes to call it home. My brother-in-law had heard of Jack, but being a sensible, no-nonsense former Marine, he didn't pay it much mind.

Until yesterday.

Early in the morning, my brother-in-law headed to the office, unlocked the door, turned on the lights, and headed to his desk. "Hello! Good morning!" a voice greeted him from the other side of the office.

"Good morning!" my brother-in-law responded as he sat down at his desk. And then his jaw dropped and his blood ran cold. He'd unlocked the door and turned on the lights. No one else was in the office.

That is, except for Jack...who seems to be quite the friendly guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of supernatural happenings in your family! I'm glad the ghost was friendly!