Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Putting the FAT in Fat Tuesday

Started the day with a GRANDE Caramel Macchiato--enough coffee to float a horse--and I downed the sweet, sweet nectar in under an hour. Mmmmm.

For lunch, I consumed my weight in fried rice, sesame chicken, and crab rangoon. In fact, the sheer joy of mass consumption gave way to a dull, hard pain. Eating as a sport is not something I see much of a future in for this gal.

And tonight it's all about the Minsky's pizza. We're getting two kinds: Chicken Thai Pizza and Mediterranean (pesto sauce, goat cheese, lamb sausage, and sun-dried tomato on wheat crust). It's like an amusement park on bread. So delish. Then there should be something big and fattening for dessert. I'm thinking...ice cream.

But technically I jump-started Fat Tuesday last night by eating a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. I did the most delightful thing, which disgusted The Banker. I ate all the chocolate off the top and side, leaving just the peanut-butter middle and the thin chocolate base. Then I took the lump of goodness and put it all in my mouth rolling it about. The Banker grouched he could hear me slurping and turned up the radio. For a man who can binge with the best of them, he has no appreciation for the fine art of relishing one of God's better concoctions.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Pancakes? That's a new one on me, but there can't be anything wrong with it. Pancakes, waffles, crepes--all seem like delightful indulgences to me!!

Anonymous said...

That's exactly how I eat Reese's! Eat all the chocolate first because the "peanut butter" is the best part. Mmm..now I'm craving one.

Kat said...

It truly is the only acceptable way to appreciate a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. I'm glad I'm not alone in my strict adherence to this enjoyable tradition!