Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Cinderella Complex

Such is what I'm currently suffering from, according to my mom. It's that thing where you've spent your entire weekend focusing on everyone else's needs. I was designated driver, cook, cleaning lady, personal shopper, entertainer, and laundry woman.

So the houseguest is gone, and after this weekend of fun, I'm feeling sore, exhausted, and more than a bit irked. And what else am I? Bruised all to hell:




That's the inside of my thigh. Nice, huh? Courtesy of the mechanical bull at Saturday's thoroughly exhausting bachelorette party and a morning horseback riding lesson. It hurts to walk. But that's one item I can check off my to-do list. Mechanical bull? Check. And I actually held on for quite a time, finally giving up because my wrist felt like it was going to be torn off. What a thorough beating I've taken this weekend.

For once, I might actually be thrilled to start a week of deadline tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shel said...

Um, nice pic?

Kat said...

I know. It's truly gross. And getting worse. While getting dressed this morning, I realized I should have waited and taken a picture today, when the hues of purple and painful red are only now just coming to fruition.

But you have to admit, it's a big 'un, huh?