Friday, October 07, 2005

A little weekend whirlwind

So The Banker apparently rocks as a car salesman. Who knew? He managed to sell The Donger last night to the first woman who came alookin'---and for our asking price no less! So that means we have two days to purchase a car, or I'll be asking some serious favors come Monday morn.

I feel a little bit caught off guard by the sheer speed of this whole process. On Monday, The Banker said he was "just looking." The problem is that I failed to grasp that the male definition of “just looking” actually means, “I’ve already picked out a new used car and will sell our car out from underneath us within a day.” So by Thursday, he's sold our old car and set his sights on a 2003 350Z.

As one co-worker put it, "Like a boy in a candy store." Indeed!

Since we're participating in Christmas in October all day Saturday, it leaves little time for concentrated car shopping. This should be interesting. And I sincerely hope it doesn't bite me in the ass!

1 comment:

The Caustic Bunny said...

Hoohah. A new ride.

I love new rides but my old ride is only five years old and is paid off and is in remarkable shape for having almost 100K miles on it plus two new doors courtesy of Hilmar's SUV from Westport, CT.

If I had to pick one, I'd go for a Mustang GT. V-8 guttoral that says power without the Corvette panache that say's "middle age crazy"

Sadly, these days, anything I select outside of a sedan says the latter.

Good luck with the new ride.