Friday, October 21, 2005

Waiting for the Sky to Fall

I took another vacation day today (use it or lose it being the office policy), to wait for the tree trimmers to arrive. It's almost 9 and the company has yet to arrive. I love that I hauled my exhausted ass out of bed at 7 in case they showed early. Grrrr.

I think I've a right to be a tad pissy with this company. We have several 50-plus-year-old trees in our yard, and one gigantic pine tree. The company was instructed to cut back the tree limbs from the house and driveway. And what did they do? The idiots "lifted" our pine tree in the backyard. And by lifted, I mean a 7-foot man can now walk underneath this tree untouched by branches. It looks ridiculous and broke my heart. So The Banker spouted off some angry phone calls and informed the company that it'd be receiving a much smaller payment than previously agreed upon. And now three weeks later I'm waiting for them to return to finish the crap job they'd begun...under my supervision.

And the company has not arrived yet. And my eyebrow is beginning to arch with pent-up anger and tension. I could be in bed. At the local coffee shop with a book and my laptop. Doing some Christmas shopping. (Yes. Anal retentive. Yes.) Anywhere but sitting at the window, waiting to usher the muddy dogs in the house, and then walk around the yard with the crew clearly explaining what should be cut. (Here's a hint: Unlike last time, please don't cut my neighbors' trees. Or the trees along the power lines that local law dictates only the power company can touch. And please, avoid scraping bark from my massive oaks. Like you did last time.)

Ooh, ooh! White trucks!!

That are going to my neighbor's house. Grrrr.

No comments: